Today’s piece for “The Iris Project” is an acrylic painting which started with a background painted a few days prior using the leftover paint on my palette.
That reminds me, I have not posted that one yet! Oh well, you’ll have to deal with my out of order posts :).
This is what it looked like before I started painting in the Irises.
After a couple of days, I went for it and started painting in the irises. This one is yet again a different style than what I’ve painted the last few days. I used no thickening mediums for texture, I simply painted with acrylics on Strathmore acrylic paper and just let the garden come to life.
Below is a close-up shot of the painting. It is interesting how with oils and acrylics I have no interest in detail or realism. With watercolors, it is entirely a different story. I expect over the next few weeks I will do more watercolor and ink work. We’ll see.
One of the things I love about this project is that by sticking to a single subject, I am more drawn to experimentation with different media and styles. Somehow my mind is not occupied by figuring out how to render the subject matter and is free me to explore.
Happy day everyone & until next time!